Saturday, May 26, 2018

Solo - A Review

Anyway, as I mentioned in my last post, I saw Solo this morning! It was great. Alden Ehrenreich pulled off an excellent Han Solo, and all the other actors alongside him were also excellent (we're looking at you, Woody Harrelson [as Tobias Beckett] and whoever played Qi'ra): there wasn't any character or poor performance that made me think "Wow, that character is annoying/completely unnecessary." The storyline was compelling, and it was full of surprises. Lawrence Kasdan's screenwriting awesomeness has not dulled overtime! In fact, Solo is so good that I'm on the fence as to whether it or Rogue One is better (and I loved Rogue One). I guess you learn something new about yourself every day: I learned that my liking of Han Solo wasn't 100% Harrison Ford (although it partially is). I'll give a rundown (spoiler-free) of what happens, but you can stop reading now if you want to see it without knowing anything about it. Solo follows Han's adventures before he ever meets Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Luke Skywalker (and finishes off with room for a sequel), cataloguing a young Han, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian and his closest companion (the droid L3-37, who's got attitude), Han's friend-maybe-more-than-a-friend from his home planet of Corellia, Qi'ra, and Tobias Beckett, on a mission to obtain valuable coaxium. A definite must-see!

No comments:

Post a Comment