Friday, August 10, 2018

End of Summer

Summer's ending ... "And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong / After the boys of summer have gone." By the way, the Eagles are on tour (RIP, Glenn Frey). If you like the Don Henley song "The Boys of Summer" (the one I just quoted), be ready to hear it on the radio several dozen times in the next few weeks, especially if you're a Californian (it's a favorite of California DJs in mid-to-late August). Also, if you haven't gone back-to-school shopping yet, be ready to maneuver crowded stores. I know, I know, nobody wants to go back-to-school shopping right when they just got off school for the summer, but shopping for school clothes and supplies is generally an easier experience then (back-to-school sales often have started then). Tip: If you have kids who might hit a growth spurt, buy clothes a couple sizes bigger than their current size if you follow the June shopping suggestion above. Anyway .... "I can see you / your brown skin shining in the sun..." By the way, I went to Arizona on vacation last month, and actually saw a guy standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona (I'll bet you can guess the relevance, based on my earlier mentions of The Eagles: "Take It Easy," right?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment